Help – Fuel Purchases
Use this screen to enter your fuel purchases.
IFTA does not require you to report your fuel purchases on a daily basis. If you prefer, you can make a single entry once a month for each piece of Equipment. We recommend entering your fuel purchases as often as possible if you are doing them manually.
– – –
Follow these steps to manually enter your records of your fuel purchase transactions.
New Purchase – Choose New Purchase to enter a new record
Equipment – Click the Choose button to assign equipment. If you are having problems choosing equipment, check the Browser Requirements
Date – Enter date fuel was purchased
Supplier – Enter the gas station where the fuel was purchased
City – City where gas station is located
State/Prov – Jurisdiction you’re travelling through
Quantity Fuel Purchased – Enter the quantity of fuel purchased and select your unit of measure (US Gallons or Liters)
Amount – Cost of fuel purchase
Use this option to import electronic records of your fuel purchase transactions.
Import Fuel Purchases – Choose this option to import electronic records
Choose File – Choose the file you want to import. Files must be in Comma Separated Value (CSV) format and cannot be larger than 1MB
File Includes Header – Choose this checkbox if the file you are importing includes a header. This will ensure that the header does not appear as the first line of your import
Load Settings – Choose this button to select a saved setting. The column headers and File Includes Header option you saved will fill in automatically
Column Headers – Match column headers using the pull-down menu to choose the columns you want to import. You must choose Date, Equipment, Supplier, City, State/Prov, Amount, and Quantity Fuel Purchased
Quantity Fuel Purchased – The Unit of Measure will fill in automatically based on whether you chose a State or a Province
- Choose this button if you will be downloading files with a similar layout in the future.
- Give your layout a Name and it will be available as an option the next time you choose Load Settings
- Choose this button once you have selected the information you want to import.
- If the system detects any invalid data, it will be marked in red so that you can make changes or choose to Skip the line.
- The system will let you know once the records have been successfully imported.
- The import will be recorded on the Purchases screen and will be included on the Fuel Tax Report.
- The Reference field on the Fuel Purchase Entry will list when the purchase was imported and the file name
- Choose this option if you want to delete the data created by a particular file that was imported.
- Select the file from the menu that you want to delete, using the name and timestamp to identify it. Then click Delete Imported Record.
We want to make IFTA reports and other fuel tax reports easy for you. Why not take advantage of our 31-day free trial?START YOUR FREE 31 DAY TRIAL