Many industries have been disrupted by technology, or from new ways in which products or services are delivered. One good example of this technology disruption is the way movies are now accessed online via a subscription model, which caused Blockbuster to go out of business.
Did you welcome these changes in your routines, as a more convenient way of doing things? Many of us no longer need a landline phone for our homes. Instead, we buy smartphones, because they are not only convenient, but can do a lot more than just talk over a phone line in a fixed location.
The trucking industry is now seeing a lot of changes due to improved processes for cutting cost, increasing safety, and improving the driver experience. With the help of technology, many products have been developed and there are new ways to run your motor carrier or trucking company. There are transportation management systems, telematics, on-board electronics, new preventive maintenance methods, online software programs, advanced driver-assistance systems, and many others.
Software companies that deliver their software products as a service in the trucking industry create value by making traditional processes into new efficient processes. This way, users can cut costs, increase margins, and make sure things are getting done correctly.
Many of these industry disruptions that you have seen are based on a subscription model, but some of you may not like paying monthly charges for new ways of doing things. However, there are way more advantages than disadvantages when companies offer their products or services through a subscription-based approach.
The primary advantages of an exceptional subscription-based product for your trucking business are:
- There are no upfront costs such as set up or initiation fees to get started.
- There are no contracts to use the software program or system.
- Updates are rolled out seamlessly without having to download or install anything.
- Improvements happen frequently based on continuous users’ feedback.
- Security is at the forefront and always up to date.
- Ongoing support and knowledge of the business matters is always there.
- You can access your program or system on any device at any time.
- Down time or malfunctioning never occurs.
- Maintenance happens when users are offline.
- You can cancel at any time without any fees or charges.
- Appropriate refunds are done promptly.
eTrucks provides you with all the above advantages. It also helps you to stay on top of your IFTA compliance, to make sure you are doing your IFTA quarterly report correctly, and it cuts costs when you don’t need to hire someone to do it for you. With eTrucks you can also run your apportion plates or annual IRP report, any weight distance tax reports for Kentucky, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, and even the Canadian Carbon Charge Tax Report. You will also learn how to manage your fuel taxes to match your cash-flow.
– – –
We want to make IFTA reports and other fuel tax reports easy for you. Why not take advantage of our 31-day free trial?